Federal Employees Eligibility
Eligibility - Do I qualify?
Members of approved employee groups are eligible for membership. Members' spouses, children, grandchildren, parents, brothers and sisters may also join. Retirees and their families from eligible groups also qualify for membership. See below for complete list.
A Lifetime Benefit - Once a member, always a member.
Once you open an account you and your family may remain active members of PGE Credit Union for life. For example, a move out of state or a change in employment still entitle you to the same membership benefits as you receive from the day you open your account.
- Any employee of the United States of America who works in Providence Rhode Island.
- Relative of a current member of PGE Federal Credit Union
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from any Agency listed below
- United States Postal Service Employees who work in Rhode Island, or in Barnstable, Bristol, Dukes, Nantucket, Norfolk or Plymouth Counties in Massachusetts
- U.S. Coast Guard Civil Engineering Unit
- Social Security Administration
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Farm Service Agency
- Internal Revenue Service
- Congressman James Langevin
- Congressman David Cicilline
- Senator Jack Reed
- Senator Sheldon Whitehouse
- Federal Aviation Administration
- USDA-Rural Development
- Animal and Plant Inspection Service
- Food and Drug Administration
- National Marine Fisheries Service
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Rhode Island Air National Guard or Army National Guard
- Employees of the Veterans Administration Medical Center and subsidiary centers and clinics located in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- Volunteers of the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Rhode Island under the supervision of hospital staff.
- John H. Chafee Blackstone River Valley Corridor National Park Service
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- U.S. Drug Administration
- Transportation Security Administration
- Homeland Security
- If you are an employee of the United States of America and your agency does not fall into the above categories, please contact us and we will look into it for you.